It feels like being in a time warp…
no, not that kind of time warp, it’s less of a step to the right, but everyone is starting school now. Meanwhile, I’ve been slugging away for three weeks.
So it seems like a good time to reflect; here are my observations:
- I’m still guaging the level of the kids.
- they’re still lower than my expectations, and the effort level slips day after day
- attendence is an issue that I have to address.
- I’ve gotten through a unit, but my culminating tasks need to be more hands on.
- I’ve got to start planning my butt off – the kids need lots of hand holding (scaffolding)
- With this new unit, I think the kids need a physical component. Something to make it concrete and do.
- PI week – no that’s not 3.14159269…. Professional improvement, what am I going to do?
- Last year I was involved with PLP, and it was wonderful, but should I try something new?
- I think I’d like to do something with music.
ok, I’ve got to start into this, so, I’m off to do some research on inuit music, and who I can get to teach me.