Here’s what we did:
- Warmup – scales , Bb, Eb, F, Ab – scale in fourths
- Worked the scale in a row- timing, and accuracy – develop as a group
- Balance builder #10
- NEW: Articulation Studies #118 – look through silently 30 sec, play through 30 sec. then play as a group.
- Isolate ONE bar, and play it over and over again.
- 20 min Jazz sectional in the hall – went well
We acquired two co-op students in our class, one is learning a second instrument (trombone) and helping Karn. The other is helping others and taking up conducting.
Learning goals for today:
- increase fluency on scales
- pattern recognition in new pieces and sight reading
- Introduction of playing piece
- rehearse either jazz pieces or #118